Our house is on the market. Again. I love to move...really, seriously, love it. I have no idea why I'm not a real estate agent (perhaps a lack of patience...those people that look at 70 houses before making a decision and I would NOT get along), or an architect (pesky geometry and I think they use rulers and I'm not interested in either of those things). That said though, houses make me happy. And I want a new one. With new challenges and new decorating needs. I get giddy even thinking about calling to hook up the new utilities.
But current house must sell to buy new house. Flash to the spring of 2002...we listed our first little $97,000 Kansas City house. The real estate office called and left messages on our answering machine each time a showing was scheduled. I only hoped to get the message before the potential buyers showed up (once, this did not happen and Jason and I were relegated to the back yard on a surpringly blustery April evening in our pajamas and tried not to look pathetic whilst the potential buyers poked around in our closets). When an offer came in, our realtor drove over and "presented it" to us.
Seven years (and four houses later), our real estate agent has made a YouTube video of our house and posted it to his FaceBook page. He has 4,738 friends (seriously) and 5 marked that they liked it. What does that mean? They want to see it? They want to buy it? They like to watch him on camera? I don't know. But is strange to see your house on a video on FaceBook. The listing office emails me the showing appointment confirmations. The agent and I text almost daily. Recent conversation via text:
Me: How did shooting the video go?
RE: All went well. We got a lot done & should have a good video from it.
Me: Yippee!! So sorry I wasn't there:(
RE: No worries. It is fine.
Me: Applied 4 house hunters, btw whilst on lunchbreak
RE: Lol - U go girl
So, I'm like a girl waiting for a second date. I'm constantly checking my voicemail, email, text, and FaceBook for any house developments. Not to mention a daily peruse of MLS to check the availability of properties I think I might want to buy or to see if there is anything new out there I might like or to see if there is anything new in our neighborhood that might compete with our listing. It is exhausting. Seriously. And I love it.
If you haven't seen the video yet, here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaTEAjCKjq4. Watch it and mark that you like it. I track that sort of thing.
Kewpie
1 day ago

No comments:
Post a Comment